Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Father's Day 2012

Since we were in Atlanta for Kimberly's wedding shower the previous day, we weren't able to be with Josh on Father's Day this year, which made us very sad. But, it was still special because I was able to spend the day with my dad and grandfather! We spent the morning at Smoke Rise Baptist Church where most of my family are members (and it was the church that I grew up going to also). Afterwards, my grandmama treated us to a delicious lunch buffet at one of her favorite restaurants close to the church. It's always nice to spend time with her, especially around meal times since she shares our passion for good food!

That evening, my mom's side of the family came over to my parent's house for a Father's Day and combined birthday celebration and also to watch the end of the US Open.  It was great to visit with everyone, and the food was awesome, as usual, thanks to all of the great cooks in our family (not sure I inherited that gene...). The only thing that would have made Father's Day better would have been spending it with Josh. He's such a wonderful father to our girls, and I know that he missed us so much while we were gone!
silly girl eating some cake and walking in mommy's shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...